The company, founded in 2015 with the contribution of the HTE engineering research laboratory, specializes in electrochemical research and operates, with its own patents, in the hydrogen cell sector, optimizing energy efficiency and enhancing the brines coming from desalination, mining and industrial plants.
In particular, the company’s business consists in the, industrialization and marketing of the following patented technologies.
* SPONTANEOUS MEMBRANE IONIC TRANSFER – (SMIT) *.
The SMIT technology, developed and patented by Genio srl, resolves in an effective, economically profitable and environmentally safe way the grave problem of the shortage of fresh water (optimizing marine desalination processes) and the problem of treatment of industrial and mining brines. SMIT is the only internationally patented and recognized technology that is able, during the process of dissalation, to produce:
– Fresh water for human, agricultural or industrial uses, – Electrical energy, – Chemical products of great commercial demand as NaOH (caustic soda), HCl (hydrochloric acid), NaClO (sodium hypochlorite), or in alternative NaHCO3 (sodium bicarbonate) with CO2 sequestration (carbon dioxide). – No brine or other products harmful for the environment are released.
The SMIT technology is based on a patented System of fuel cells, which can be supplied with hydrogen from water P.V. electrolysis or with various fuels “reformed” into hydrogen. SMIT operates synergistically with Reverse osmosis (RO) plants, transforming their polluting brine waste into valuable products for the market. The SMIT technology can be applied effectively either to new systems or to existing reverse osmosis dissalation plants, making them highly profitable.
* BOOSTED FUEL CELL (BFC) *.
The BFC technology was developed as a mean to effectively overcome the limits to commercial use of PEM hydrogen cells, in terms of both energy output and cost. Before BFC no cell was able to transform chemical energy into electrical energy with yields higher than 40%. This technical limit, combined with the high cost of production of the cells, made their application uninteresting from the economic standpoint. Genio srl solved that problem, developing its new technology, the “Boosted Fuel Cell” (BFC), for which it holds the patent. BFC is the evolution of the electrolyte polymer cell, also known as PEMFC (Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell), greatly optimised to boost its electrical efficiency.
Contact:VICOLO SAN GIOVANNI SUL MURO 9
- SMIT. Desalination and brine treatment companies
- BFC. Companies in the energy sector
- clients, promotion and assistance agents and or partners well introduced on local markets
- SMIT. Technical solutions for the economic exploitation of desalination, mining and industry brines
- BFC. Electricity production greatly enhanced with hydrogen cells